Monday, April 24, 2006

It all depends on how you look at it

On Saturday I took this picture of the sky over my rooftop. I'd been in the backyard photographing the dogs and snapped this shot on my way into the house because I thought the light was pretty.


Henry Miller said, "The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself."

I loaded the picture onto my computer and, as I paid close attention, I thought I saw more than the light. I rotated the image to look at it from a different angle, and that's when this majestic, ethereal horse appeared.



John Lubbock said, "What we see depends mainly on what we look for."


So I looked again and saw the shadowy figure of a man, a man in a cape to be precise, standing to the immediate right of the great white horse, his head at the base of the horse's neck. I've increased the contrast here to help you see him better.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus."

Like I said, it all depends on how you look at it.

2 comments:

  1. omg i see it too!!!! you gotta show Carmon this!!

    i love to look at the clouds and image what they form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i was a child my brother and i would lay on our backs and look at the clouds and see many splinda things in the clouds, i don't think children do that any more.that was a differnt time. hay do you remember the first airplane you saw fly over? i do ,now it is a ever 10 mimute think but when i was a child it was a thing of wonder.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.