Thursday, April 05, 2012

What I'm Reading: The Hunger Games and Downtown

Despite all the hoopla about The Hunger Games, I resisted reading it for a long time. Of course, when I finally gave in this past weekend, I was hooked almost from the beginning. It isn't the best book I've ever read, but it's so different that I couldn't wait to turn each page and see what would happen next. Having finished it, I'm still just as curious, and the library has such a long waiting list for the second and third volumes of the trilogy that I've ordered them online.



For something to read while waiting for that order to be delivered, I dug around in my own bookshelves and was pleased when that search turned up a 1995 Anne Rivers Siddons book. I've read several of hers in the past few months and liked all but one of them so much I was surprised to have forgotten this one:


If you're too young to remember the vibrant atmosphere of the 1960s, Downtown will make you feel like you were there. It was an amazing time to be alive.

For a description and reviews of either
of these books, click on its image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.