Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What I've Been Reading

Three more good ones:

Lowcountry Summer by Dorothea Benton Frank




Gravesend Light by David Payne

We all know that book covers sometimes change from one edition to the other.  I'm showing you the cover on the book I read, but the embedded link takes you to a site that shows a different cover. Don't let that deter you. I thought it was a really good book. Something different.



The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
Reader reviews on this one averaged only two and a half stars, which I personally think sells it a little bit short. The main complaint seems to be that it doesn't meet the expectations raised by The Secret Life of Bees, also by this author. I agree with that observation, but I think this one might have received better reviews if it had been written first. I personally enjoyed it.




For a description or reviews of any of these books,
click on its image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.