Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Hustle, Bustle, and a Smidgen of Sentiment

I am busy-busy-busy this week. Big weekend ahead, my house is about three dust bunnies short of a disaster, I'm dog-sitting for my granddogs, Lucy and Oliver, and I have about a million errands to run. If I'm noticeably absent from the blogosphere this week, that's why.

That being said, something in yesterday's post about an elephant leaving our local zoo reminded me of a short, simple poem I wrote when I was in my 20s. Back then I thought it would have made a good greeting card inscription. Today I think it'll work for a quick blog post--right when I need one:

On Leaving

Tomorrow will come,
And with it will come leaving,
And loneliness
And emptiness
And sorrow, too.

But through it all,
I'll have my memories
Of music,
Of laughter,
Of loving you.

That's all I have for today. I'm outta here.


Egret's egress.



2 comments:

  1. "Slow down, girl. I'm gonna' have to turn the hose on you." Truvy to Anelle in Steel Magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No need for a hose to slow me down. How about a cattle prod to keep me on task?

      Delete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.