Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Making Hay While the Moon Shines

Now that insomnia has become an issue, I'm trying to make the best of it by keeping a bottle of water, a protein bar and my iPad on the nightstand. The iPad comes in handy as a flashlight, an ebook, and a quick resource for answers to most of the stupid questions that cross my mind and won't let go in the wee hours of the morning.

One of those questions last night was, "When is the lunar eclipse?" I looked it up and discovered it was happening right at that moment. Quickly collecting my bathrobe, the dogs and the camera, I stepped outside, took a few literal shots in the dark, then returned to bed and slept soundly until morning.

As proud as I felt for putting ten minutes of can't-sleep time to good use, you'd think I'd feel bad about how much time I waste during daylight hours. I don't, though. A little bit of sheepishness is all I can muster.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.