Monday, February 27, 2006

Feelin' groovy

What a great couple of days I've had! After months of trying to decide on a digital camera, I finally bought one yesterday. It's a Canon PowerShot S2IS, and I am in love with it. My biggest photo challenge was taking pictures in the low-light conditions of my home, but this camera just kicks butt! From clear across the room, I took a flash photo of a clock and a hanging plant. You can read the numbers and even see the minute marks on the clock. And you can see dust on the plant, which I hadn't noticed until I saw it on the photo. I took a picture of my daughter's Yorkie and you can read her name and phone number on his tag. Too cool!

Also, I'm off work today, thanks to all the Mardi Gras celebrations going on, and the weather is beautiful. This is the first time in a month we've had pleasant, dry weather on a non-workday, so I was able to get outside and stain all the quarter-round trim that my son-in-law will put down for me soon. One more thing checked off my list.

This week is TV heaven: Tonight is The Bachelor finale and the season premiere of The Apprentice, then tomorrow night The Amazing Race kicks off a new season. Add in three nights of American Idol and I'm just as happy as a pig in...well, you know. I wish there was a computer program that would help me figure out which shows to watch and which ones to tape in order to view everything in the least amount of time. I'd buy it.

One more thing: I've just discovered that the reason there's so much detail in the photos I described earlier is that each photo file is about 1.5 megabytes in size. Huge! I'll have to go through and resize all the photos I've taken so far. In the meantime, here are these of goofy Butch sleeping on the futon and Kadi enjoying the sunshine.


4 comments:

  1. that camera is a good one. that is what I have. I love the camera. no more trips to wal-mart to develop pictures. my children borrow it and then have me print out thier pictures. they say they are better. they don't fool me .mine are free and wal-mart wants cash on the barrell head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd found this camera months ago, Patsy. I researched dozens on the internet, and most of them got good reviews until it came to the part about taking pictures in low-light conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I know about your armadillo!that is where ours come from. you guys sent them to us. we hate them. they dig holes in the yards and if you are not careful you step in one and break a leg. most people here don't run over animals on purpose but let us see an armadillo and we just go crazy if we can't hit it on the road we chase them into the fields!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no grandma was a real live person until she died! I know it is hard to believe that story but it is true. and the guy from kansas is real also.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.