Tuesday, May 23, 2006

This will be a difficult post to write...

...because I can't type...fast with one hand...and I have to use...the other hand to press...redial over and over...to vote for Taylor Hicks. So far tonight I haven't...been able to get through, because...of busy signals, but I...will keep trying until...the two-hour voting window...has expired. From the...beginning of this season...of American Idol, my...favorites have been Chris, Taylor...and Katherine. I thought Chris...had the best voice, and...Katherine has a lovely...voice, too, but every time I pictured...myself going to a...concert starring one of...the Idol hopefuls, I was always...smiling bigger at a Taylor...concert. Chris had rock...idol potential, I thought, and...will probably go in...that direction. Katherine has film star...looks, but I have never tapped...my foot to a single Katherine...song, not even the...fast ones. Taylor, on the...other hand, gets my juices...stirring and pumps rhythm into...this aging body. I'm gonna...give it my best shot tonight, boy...just like you did in...your three performances,...and win or lose, you'll...have my vote in the...form of CD purchases...down the road.

To anybody...who reads this post before...10:00 p.m. SDT, please bookmark...it and come back later. Go on...now, go dial 1-866-IDOLS02 and...show Taylor we love...him.

I have an...idea. I'm gonna go grab the...extension phone. With one...in the right hand and...one in the left, maybe...I can redial fast enough to...get at least one vote in tonight.

Edited at 10:25 p.m. to add: I never got past the busy signal. Not one time. I hope I don't cramp up my typing fingers by sleeping with 'em crossed tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I tried for an hour, and got in once, so between us, there was 1 vote, and that must have been enough! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kansassunflower, thank goodness you had my back.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.