Friday, March 18, 2011

Everything new is old again

Photoshop Elements has so many fun features that I don't think I'll ever learn to use them all, but this morning I spent a while experimenting. I started with this picture that I took in November of 1997 when my grandson and I went to a Civil War Reenactment at Magnolia Mound Plantation in Baton Rouge:



An hour or so later, after cropping, applying a sepia tint, creating a ragged border, and  painting an entire fake hat, here's the final result:




The hat obviously needed a better artist than I am, but it was a fun project anyway.

UPDATE 3/19/11:

In the comments on this post Janet asked if I thought I could add suspenders to my grandson. Who could resist a challenge like that? Thanks for the idea, Janet. (While I was working on suspenders, I also took the tops of Koby's ears out from under his hatband.)

5 comments:

  1. Wow...you did a good job! I have tried to master my program that is only one tenth of what Photoshop is and its just so involved and has so many aspects to it....I'm lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gee, I wish I could do stuff like that! I'm still learning my new photo program. Think you can add suspenders to your grandson?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb! I so wish I could do things like this! What a great idea. One of these days, I intend to try and learn even a tenth of what there is in photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your encouragement, ladies. And, Janet, about those suspenders? Check the update; I gave it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.