Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The "I'ds" of March

I'd have had more time to write if Levi hadn't torn up something every time I turned my back on him. The picture in the header shows just a thin slice of my whole house filled with the white, fluffy guts of stuffed animals. I'd have given up on him if he hadn't shown steady signs of improvement. You wouldn't believe the exercise I get every day just picking up after him, but I sure am glad I didn't spend money on a gym membership.

I'd have gone completely crazy if the weather hadn't warmed up when it did and dried out the yard. The dogs tracked in so much dirt during the muddy season that I could almost taste it in the air. It's been warm for more than a week now, and I'm still cleaning dirt and dust out of the corners.

I'd love to have posted the following photos while the moon was still full, but the moon selfishly stuck to its own schedule of phases and completely disregarded what was happening in my life.





I'd like to thank those of you who have continued to check in despite my lengthy, unplanned absence. It would be so easy to just let this blog lapse if I didn't know there are  a few people who would miss it. You can't possibly appreciate how much it means to me that you let me know you care.  I promise to be back in a day or two with a new post, one that I hope will be more worthy of your time and attention than this one is.

9 comments:

  1. The puppy chronicles! I should have known the reason as I well remember Cheyenne's days of destruction! The word verification for this comment is "bless" and I think that's fitting as I was going to close this with "Bless your heart!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I'm with Alison... Mabel's puppy days drove me out of my mind! Hang in there. It does get better!

    You were indeed missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison and Holly, thanks for your words of support. We've had a few non-destructive days in a row now, and Kim bought him a Nylabone that has helped somewhat with his chewing problem, so I'm feeling somewhat optimistic. Plus he starts training on March 12th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your "I'ds" idea! You often come up with things I wish I'd thought of.

    How are Butch and Kadi?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, I often have that "wish I'd thought of that" experience on your blog (and others), too.

    Butch has some minor health issues and Kadi has some SERIOUS ones. I'll write more about it someday soon, but today I'm trying to keep my head out of the dark place I'd have to go to write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course we miss you. I would check at least once a week and wondered what was going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always check your blog, even if I don't always leave a comment. I've read about your trials with Levi and thought perhaps the training was taking your time. Sorry about the cold...and I really did miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marion, thank you. I always love your comments, so I'm glad you stuck around.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.