Thursday, January 03, 2013

Better Late Than Never

In her comment on my last post, Alison, who writes at "Inspired Work of Self-Indulgence," invited me to participate with her in a one-a-day photo challenge for this month. Since I already post a different photo every day at "A One-Pic Pony," I wasn't sure if I wanted to accept another commitment. Then I asked myself, "What's the worst that could happen?"

It's not as if I've never broken a commitment. I've been married and divorced twice without being plagued by guilt, so I expect I can live through missing a photo deadline if I have to. Not that I intend for that to happen. Besides, this challenge is different, and it could be fun.

On my photo blog, I choose whatever image (old or new) appeals to me at a given moment--as long as it's my own photo and I've never published it before on that blog. For this challenge I'll be taking a new picture each day and tying it to a theme that's already been designated for that day. That concept appeals to me.

So, Alison, thank you for the invitation, and I'll be happy to join you. As I'm already two days late getting started, I'll catch up right now:

Day One: You

That's you as in me, not you as in you. Since time's a-wastin', I took my camera to the bathroom mirror a little while ago and shot this self-portrait, sans makeup:


That's my skeptical, I-don't-know-if-this-is-gonna-work expression. It's not glamorous, but hey, at least I was out of my bathrobe. (Note: For the record, the only touchup that was done to this image was the digital erasure of two spots of toothpaste from the mirror. I wasn't about to polish the whole thing just for this.)

**********

Day Two: Breakfast

What do you mean, "Yuck!"? It's water and a protein bar, and the best thing about it is I get hydrated and nourished without having to give it a lot of thought. Besides, that protein bar has chocolate and peanut butter in it -- and no sugar!


**********

Day Three (Today): Something You Adore

I adore Levi's eyes. He's been with me for two years now, and I still get a little rush every time I see how beautiful they are. Unfortunately, he wasn't particularly interested in showing them just when I wanted to take his picture, so you can see a piece of my hand at the bottom of the photo, lifting his face into the light.


P.S.  I'll bet he could hypnotize people if he could learn to maintain eye contact.
P.P.S.  I envy his natural eyeliner.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you decided to join me, even if it is just a month-long photo communication paragraph between us two. I love Levi's eyes and I see why you adore them! Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it'll be fun, Alison. Thanks for encouraging me to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.