Thursday, January 17, 2013

Nourishing the Enemy

One-a-Day Photo Challenge
Day Seventeen:  Water

Frankly, I'm sick of water after nearly two weeks of rainy days. This morning, waking up to the beauty of early-morning sunshine streaming in through lace curtains, I breathed a sigh of relief and felt my face reshape itself into a big grin. Thank goodness for a dry, sunny day!

Minutes later, outside with the dogs and the camera, I took a few shots of the puddles of water still standing in the backyard; they're shining like glass today but didn't photograph well. I thought about taking a short drive to snap a picture of a still swollen canal or bayou, but (now that I don't have to) I avoid getting out on the roads during morning rush hour. 

In the end I decided to post this close-up of water droplets on one of the several varieties of weeds that are trying to take over my lawn. The rain has been good for them. They're looking greener and healthier every day.




3 comments:

  1. What the heck is that comment (the first one)? Oh well. I am so glad the sunshine has come your way! Also? Nice weeds! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first comment (now deleted) was an example of the spam I've been flooded with since removing word verification from my blog. Blogger's spam filter catches most of the 40-50 that come my way each day, but every now and then one slips through. Fortunately, I've set up Blogger to email comments to me, and that helps me locate spammed comments and delete them. It's still a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, Wow! I rarely get spam on my blogs. I do hate those word verification thingys that are default on blogger... It can take me seven or more times to post! My eyes just don't see the letters! And the verbal cues are so garbled...they are worse!

    I love that vivid green but I'm not familiar with that weed... I'm sure my mother would be though!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.