Thursday, August 29, 2013

Chemicals

One-a-Day Redux
Day Twenty-Nine:  In Your Fridge

There isn't one single thing in my fridge today that's interesting. Unless you think this is:
CARBONATED WATER, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVATIVE), ASPARTAME, MALIC ACID, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, NATURAL FLAVORS, CAFFEINE, ESTER GUM, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, YELLOW 6, RED 40. PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE
That's the ingredient list on a can of my favorite diet orange soda. I don't find that list interesting; I find it scary! Every time I drink one, I savor that last sip, then take a look at the can in my hand and say silently to it what Jack said to Ennis in Brokeback Mountain: "I wish I knew how to quit you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.