Saturday, August 31, 2013

Give Me Time

One-a-Day Redux 
Day Thirty-One:  You, Again

So. Here we are at the end of this month-long writing challenge, and the topic, as it was on the first day, is me. Again. Me, me, me. I get so tired of myself sometimes.

I was in a dark place at the beginning of the month. The storm cloud that hovered over my head then has lifted, lifted and drifted off far enough to let some sunshine in, but not so far away that a good, stiff wind couldn't blow it right back where it was. No longer nervous and edgy, I remain watchful, keeping an eye on that dark cloud, wishing the danger away.

I do feel hopeful again; never discount the medicinal value of hopefulness. Cheerfulness and optimism? Those are the rewards at the top of this little hill I'm climbing. I'm not there yet, but I'm well on my way. It just takes time.

"She broke down the other day...
Some things in life may change
But some things, they stay the same
Like time, 
There's always time on my mind,
So pass me by, I'll be fine,
Just give me time." * 


* The song is "Older Chests" by Damien Rice.
Thanks to frozencrystalss for posting the video and lyrics on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.