Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lightweight Poetry

One-a-Day Redux
Day Twenty-Eight:  Light

In January's photo challenge I interpreted "light" as the opposite of dark. For today's exercise, let's go with a different definition. This time "light" means the opposite of heavy.

A List of Light Things

Clouds above a mountain stream,
high-peaked dollops of whipped cream,
postage stamps for letters written,
baby chicks, a newborn kitten,
puppy's paw held in my hand,
a butterfly, a rubber band,
autumn leaves adrift in air,
fancy, lacy underwear,
marshmallows afloat in cocoa,
my great-grandma's faded photo,
blue-gray feather on the ground,
Peeps when Easter rolls around,
the silky scarf I never wear,
a ribbon for a baby's hair,
Q-tips stored on bathroom shelves
near cotton balls, so light themselves,
ping-pong ball that bounces high,
red balloon in bright blue sky,
dandelions turned to seed,
a single page I've yet to read,
daisy petals plucked to see
does he, does he not love me?

4 comments:

  1. I love this! And you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Annette. This was a fun one.

    Where are you tonight? Can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.