Saturday, August 03, 2013

Tell Me a Story

One-a-Day Redux
Day Three:  Something You Adore

For as long as I can remember, I've loved a good story. It can come to me in the form of a book, a movie, a TV show, a letter, or in a simple conversation. However it's presented, the telling of it transports me right into the middle of it.

The story that's on my mind today is the love story of my Aunt Martha, who passed away earlier this week. If The Notebook tugs at your heartstrings, so would the story of Martha and Wayne and their love affair that spanned more than 70 years.

I also adore music, and a song that tells a story is one of my favorite things. One I particularly enjoy hearing over and over is this one, even though it doesn't end as well as the story of Martha and Wayne in real life or the story of Noah and Allie in the The Notebook:



The song is "The River" by Bruce Springsteen.
Thanks to dizcula for posting the song and the lyrics on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.