Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Who Needs the Pressure?

One-a-Day Redux
Day Seven:  Favorite

Favorite? I have to write about a favorite something? And I'm supposed to write something new? That seems impossible. I've been writing this blog for seven and a half years, so you know I've already written about most of my favorite things. In fact, a keyword search for "favorite" turned up pages and pages of posts.

I've thought and thought about today's topic and have thus far drawn a blank. I've run through numerous categories in my mind, and every time I've tentatively chosen a favorite something or other, that idea has been followed immediately by a second thought: "Okay, but what about ... ?" Then I'm back to trying to decide between two or more things I like equally.

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe I like too many things. It would be easier to write about least favorite things.

I'm reminding myself now that one of my favorite parts of getting older is that I feel freer to say no, freer to change my mind, and freer to break silly rules, especially silly, self-imposed rules. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm choosing not to post about today's topic.

So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.