Saturday, August 01, 2015

"Just make us be brave and make us play nice..."

I've skipped a few Saturday posts (also Sunday thru Friday ones), but I'm here today to share a song with you. This one's been around for about fifteen years, best I can tell, but I'd never heard it until it played in the background of a recent TV show. I downloaded it immediately and have listened to it dozens of time since then. It's a short, sweet song, sort of a little prayer like those I imagine we've all whispered from time to time. Enjoy!




The song is "Don't Let Us Get Sick," by Warren Zevon.
Thanks to This Is Not An Exit for posting the video on YouTube.
Click here to read the lyrics.

6 comments:

  1. Linda, your Saturday song selection........I think it was meant for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, that's exactly how I felt the first time I heard it. Glad it made its way to you just when you needed it.

      Delete
  2. How could we go from harry Truman to don thump! Changed his name on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Betty. We've gone from "the buck stops here" to "I have the most bucks, so I get to say who stops here."

      Delete
  3. Love it! If only we could just be brave and play nice, it would make a better world. Thanks for the new song to add to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Nancy. "Don't let us get old" is the only line that bothers me a bit. It would have been perfect at one time, but now that I AM old, it's hard to make myself sing that particular phrase.

      Delete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.